Teriyaki Tofu Power Bowl
This delicious, nutritious and protein-rich dish will be your new favourite go-to meal for dinner! Ready in under 30 minutes.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 60g/2.1oz dry brown rice (a little less than 1/3 cup)
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu (1 heaped cup, cubed)
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) teriyaki marinade (e.g. Kikkoman or Masterfoods are both vegan)
- 100g/3.5oz frozen shelled soybeans (abt 2/3 cup)
- 60g/2.1oz avocado (abt 1/3 medium-size avo)
- 100g/3.5oz cucumber (abt 1 cup, sliced)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Cook the brown rice as per packet instructions.
- Cube the tofu. Place in a shallow bowl and pour 20ml of the teriyaki sauce on top to marinate.
- In the meantime, steam or boil the soybeans as per packet instructions. Slice the cucumber and the avocado.
- On medium heat, add the tofu with marinade to a non-stick pan and cook for about 5-6 minutes until lightly browned.
- Once the rice is ready, place in a bowl along with the tofu cubes, soybeans, cucumber, avocado and drizzle with the remaining teriyaki sauce.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top and serve.
Macros – Carb: 71g Fat: 26g Prot: 48g Calories: 710
This recipe is part of the 7-day Strength meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Have made this a couple of times already, it tastes so good and it’s really nourishing too.
Glad you enjoy the power bowl! It’s such a healthy way to eat.