Tempeh Hummus Rainbow Sandwich
A colourful and refreshing sandwich high in protein and fibre.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 200g/7oz tempeh
- 1 Tbsp Tamari sauce
- 30g/1oz (a handful) green leafy salad mix
- 50g/1.8oz (1/4 cup) grated beetroot (or sliced from can)
- 25g/0.9oz (3/4 cup) alfalfa sprouts
- 30g/1oz (1 1/2 Tbsp) hummus
- 2 slices dark rye bread
- Cut the tempeh into 7mm(1/4 in) thin slices. Place the slices in a shallow bowl and pour the Tamari sauce on top to marinate the tempeh.
- Grate the beetroot and prepare all other ingredients, ready to assemble.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium-high heat and cook the tempeh – about 5 minutes each side. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the sandwich: Spread half the hummus on one slice of bread and the other half on the second slice. Top with leafy greens, tempeh, beetroot, alfalfa then place the second slice on top. Cut in half, if you like. Your sandwich is ready to eat!
Macros – Carb: 45g Fat: 16g Prot: 41g Calories: 488
This recipe is part of the 7-day Strength meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!