Tahini & Banana Toast with Hot Chai
Tahini is a great nut butter alternative to slather on crunchy toast, and pairs perfectly with bananas.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 2 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 Tbsp tahini (or peanut butter)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup fortified soy milk (or other plant milk)
- 1 chai tea bag OR mix your own using 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger powder, black pepper, ground cloves, cardamom and black tea.
- Sweetener to taste (e.g. maple syrup, date syrup)
- Toast the slices of bread then spread the tahini on both. Slice the banana and add on top. Sprinkle with some ground flaxseed (optional).
- Heat the soy milk and tea bag/chai spices together until almost boiling, then simmer for a minute and pour into a cup. Add sweetener to taste.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!