Sweet Potato Swirl Bread
This swirl bread is light, fluffy, and not to mention mesmerizing!
- 250 grams bread flour
- 4 grams instant or quick-rise yeast
- 25 grams sugar
- 4 grams sea salt
- 165 grams soy milk lukewarm; or use coconut milk
- 25 grams dairy-free butter
- 20 grams purple sweet potato powder for color; can be replaced with matcha, cocoa, or other powders with color
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and milk. Knead until smooth; about 10 minutes by hand, then add in the butter and continue kneading into a smooth dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a covered bowl to rise for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in volume.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into 2 equal parts.
- To one piece, knead in the sweet potato powder (1 tsp at a time) until the color is evenly distributed.
- Let the dough rest again for 15 minutes, then roll each piece into a 0.5cm-thick rectangle.
- Lay the purple dough on top of the plain dough, then roll them together into a tight log. Place into a greased loaf tin to rise for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350F / 180C.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let cool completely before slicing & enjoy!
My name is Lenny, known as @vegamelon on Instagram! See all recipes by Lenny