Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Avocado Hummus
For the fries
- 1 large sweet potato cut into fries
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
For the hummus
- 1 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1 cup of avocado
- 1/4 cup of filtered water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp of cilantro
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Add cut potatoes in a bowl with olive oil and seasonings and stir until potatoes are coated evenly and place in oven on 220C / 425F for 15 minutes.
- Flip fries and bake for another 15-20 minutes. While fries are in the oven add all hummus ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend ingredients together until smooth. Place hummus into a bowl and garnish with cayenne pepper and chickpeas.
- Once time is up remove fries from oven. Allow 5 minutes to cool and garnish with fresh squeezed lime juice and fresh cracked black pepper. Enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
We were first introduced to Veganism almost two years ago when one of us saw the trailer to Forks Over Knifes (not even the whole thing). See all recipes by Christina and Raymond