Strawberry Banana Oat Crumble
A simple and delicious treat, ready in under 30 minutes.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins + soaking time | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 50g/1.8oz (1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 30g/1oz pitted dates (1/4 cup, chopped)
- 100g/3.5oz banana (1 medium size, preferably ripe)
- 30g/1oz vanilla* soy protein powder (can be subbed for other plant protein powder, soy protein recommended) If using plain soy protein powder add about 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g/5.3oz strawberries (1 heaped cup, chopped)
- Optional: a few drops of lemon juice to bring out the flavour of the strawberries
- Chop and soak dates in boiled water for 10-12 minutes. Drain the water.
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F.
- Blend the banana and dates until thoroughly combined.
- In a bowl, combine oats and protein powder then add the wet mix (banana and dates), and mix well.
- Add the chopped strawberries, squeeze a few drops of lemon juice if using, then place the mixture into a ramekin and bake for about 15 minutes until browned.
Note: *If using plain soy protein powder add about 1/4 tsp vanilla extract to the wet mix.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!