Spicy Buddha Bowl
The whole idea of a Buddha Bowl is for it to be packed to the ****ing brim, resembling the rounded belly of Buddha – specifically: Laughing Buddha, and not Gautama Buddha (he was a skinny fellow. Don’t get them confused!) You really want to load your Spicy Buddha Bowl up with enough food to last you till and through the Zombie apocalypse and then some more.
Eat until you feel sick, eat until you feel like your belly button is going to pop off you and walk off into the ****ing sunset.
Levan and Amrita's Food Journal:http://on.fb.me/1Mc6W6Q
- 1 cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Sweet Potato, cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 can Organic Chickpeas, drained
- 1& 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup chopped Red Cabbage
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Avocado, sliced
TURMERIC TAHINI DRESSING:
- 4 Tablespoons Tahini
- 4 Tablespoons Warm Water
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C / 355F). Coat sweet potato in 1 tsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on baking tray and pop into the oven to roast for 35 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking time.
- Whilst sweet potato is cooking, prepare chickpeas.
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas, sriracha, maple syrup, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Heat a saucepan and transfer chickpea mixture into saucepan to cook for 5-10 minutes. Make sure to keep the chickpeas moving so they don’t burn. Cook until chickpeas are slightly sticky and no longer watery. Keep aside.
- In a clean saucepan, wilt spinach slightly and season. Transfer to a bowl and repeat the wilting and seasoning process with the cabbage.
- Once sweet potato is cooked through, prepare your Buddha Bowl by placing your rice in the bottom of a bowl and then topping with the sweet potato, chickpeas, spinach, red cabbage and avocado.
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients together. Liberally splash on Buddha Bowl and enjoy!!!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita