An oldie but a goodie and we have just the vegan recipe that will trump them all!
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 240g can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegan ‘beef-style’ stock
- 250g spaghetti pasta
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of chopped parsley
- Sauté onion in olive oil until translucent over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and carrot, sauté for a few minutes before adding the garlic.
- Add lentils, after a few minutes add the diced tomatoes and vegan beef stock and turn up the heat, cook for about 10 minutes until it thickens. Stir to avoid the sauce sticking to the pan.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Once the sauce has thickened season to taste, serve with pasta and garnish with parsley.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!