An oldie but a goodie and we have just the vegan recipe that will trump them all!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 240g can of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegan based beef stock
- 250g of pasta
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of chopped parsley
- Saute onion in olive oil until translucent over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and carrot, saute for a few minute before adding the garlic.
- Add lentils, after a few minutes add the diced tomatoes and vegan beef stock and turn up the heat, cook for about 10 minutes until it thickens. Stir to avoid the sauce sticking to the pan.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.
- Once the sauce has thickened season to taste and garnish with parsley.