Soft Wraps (GF)
Perfect for making tortillas, they are made with plantains which give them such a great softness and flexibility, so they can fold and wrap around salad or beans or whatever you are cooking!
David's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1CP3D1e
- 2 large green plantains
- 1/3 cup of oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 200 C / 390 F
2. Chop and peel the plantains. They look like bananas but don’t peel like them so you will have to use a knife. Put the chunks, with the rest of the ingredients, into a blender. Use the tamper if required and blend until smooth.
3. Line a tray with baking paper, or to make is waste free, use reusable latex baking sheets. Drop a spoonful on to the baking sheet and smooth out into a disk, slightly bigger than a CD and about 1 cm thick. Repeat this with the rest of the mix over the baking sheet on a tray.
4. Bake for about 20 mins or until they are just starting to brown, if they brown too much they wont fold!
5. Once cooked, remove from the oven, and carefully peel off the baking sheet.
6. Serve with spicy beans, salad and fresh lime. These will keep in the fridge for a few days too!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Growing up on a small farm in northern Victoria, veganism was the furthest thing from my mind, other than being something I couldn’t spell. I thought the idea of it sounded ridiculous. I was well indoctrinated into the idea that animals are a commodity. See all recipes by David