Singapore Noodle Stir-fry with Veggies & Tempeh
Vegan Singapore noodles served with mixed vegetables and marinated tempeh.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 150g/5.3oz tempeh (1 1/4 cup, sliced) (e.g. Nutrisoy Tasty)
- 1/4 veg stock cube (low sodium)
- 200g/7oz (2 cups) frozen stir-fry vegetables (e.g. Birds Eye Oriental Stir-fry) [or used mixed vegetables of choice]
- 200g/7oz Singapore wok-ready noodles (e.g. Kan Tong Singapore noodles) [or use 60g/2.5oz dry brown rice noodles]
- 30g/1oz spring onion (1/2 cup, chopped)
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) light soy sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 10g/0.3oz (1 Tbsp) white sesame seeds
- Slice the tempeh into strips about 2.5cm/1in in length. Dissolve stock cube in 1 tablespoon of boiled water. Place the slices in a shallow bowl and pour the stock water on top to marinate the tempeh. Set aside.
- Prepare the Singapore noodles as per packet instructions.
- Mix the soy sauce and curry powder in a small bowl and prepare your veggies.
- On medium-high heat add tempeh and any remaining stock water to a non-stick pan and cook for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Turn to high heat, add veggies to the pan. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Mix in the noodles, most of the spring onion and soy/curry sauce, cook for another minute or two on a lower heat.
- Remove from heat then place in a serving bowl or plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds and remaining spring onion.
Macros – Carb: 69g Fat: 17g Prot: 49g Calories: 625
This recipe is part of the 7-day Strength meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!