Simple Mashed Potato Waffles
Don’t be fooled by the dull colors; I guarantee you that these mashed potato waffles are sure to brighten up your potato craving taste buds. They’re moist and crispy on the outside, warm and deliciously creamy on the inside. These potato waffles also go great with salsa, vegan cream cheese, and caramelized onions
Levan and Amrita's Food Journal:http://on.fb.me/1Mc6W6Q
- 4 potatoes
- 1/4 cup Non Dairy Butter Substitute
- 1/4 cup Soy Milk
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 onions – Caramelized
- 2 teaspoons dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon White Truffle Oil
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 4 tablespoons Vegan Cream Cheese
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Extra Caramelized Onion
- Peel and dice potatoes, then place in a deep pot with water and bring to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain and immediately place potato cubes into a large bowl.
- Mash till almost smooth with a potato masher and then add the non dairy butter substitute and soy milk. Mix it in with a wooden spoon. At this stage, taste and season to your preference.
- Add thyme, smoked paprika, white truffle oil and caramelized onions into the mixture and stir well with a spoon to incorporate.
- Add Vegan Cream Cheese and mix well. Finally, add in flour and give it a thorough mixing – you may need more flour or slightly less – what you’re looking for is something significantly firmer than the initial mashed potatoes, but don’t over do it with the flour.
- Heat waffle iron and spray well with non stick cooking spray. Place 1 heaped tablespoon of potato mixture into each waffle cavity and cook according to your waffle makers instructions.
- Once cooked, use a small palette knife to help nudge your “waffle” off the waffle maker and onto your plate….. Trust me, this may be a slightly frustrating job – but just be gentle and have patience!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita