Scallion Oil Noodles
These Scallion Oil Noodles by The Foodie Takes Flight rivals ANY takeout, ANY day!
- 2 bundles (65g each) dry wheat noodles or other noodles of choice
- veggies of choice and mushrooms (optional)
- chopped scallions, for topping
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2-3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp mushroom/dark soy sauce for colour
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- *For the soy sauce, start with 2 tsp then just adjust according to desired taste!
- For the veggies and mushrooms (if using), sauté them in a pan with some oil until cooked. Season with some salt, to taste. Set aside or mix with the the noodles later on.
- Heat a pot of water. Once it boils, add in the noodles. Cook until chewy and then drain the water.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat a pan. Add 1/4 cup oil. Leave to heat on medium low heat. Add in the white chopped scallions first.
- Leave to cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly brown, so as not to burn them. Add in the green part of the scallions. Mix well and then cook for another 3-4 minutes until lightly brown. Add in the sesame seeds and then mix.
- Add the cooked noodles into the scallion oil. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce and sugar until sugar is diluted. Add soy sauce mix into the noodles.
- Feel free to add more soy sauce to taste. Add in the dark soy sauce (if using) for colour. Mix well and then leave to cook for a few more minutes. Enjoy while hot!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!