San Choi Bau
This vegan version of an Asian classic is quick, easy and delicious. Best served in crispy fresh lettuce. Makes 5
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 red chilli’s
- 5 shallots
- 6 large brown mushrooms
- 200g / 7 oz firm tofu mashed
- 1/2 carrot
- 200g / 7 oz cashews
- 1/2 cup Bragg’s Soy sauce
- 5 Lettuce leaves
- In a fry pan add oil, garlic and ginger. Brown gently on medium heat.
- Add the roughly chopped mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- With your hands break the tofu into small chunks. Dice 1/2 a carrot into 1cm pieces and crush cashews and add to the fry pan, along with tofu. Cook for a further few minutes until the carrot is soft.
- Remove from heat and stir through Bragg’s soy sauce.
- Serve in lettuce cups with crushed cashew nuts, chilli and cut green shallots.