- 2 x 400g / 14oz tins of chickpeas
- 2 x tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
1. Heat the coconut oil until it is liquid.
2. Strain the chickpeas, saving the brine to make meringues!!
3. In a bowl, add the chick peas, sugar, salt, cinnamon and coconut oil. Mix well.
4. Pour mixture into a baking tray and spread evenly.
5. Bake at 180C / 355F for 40 mins or until they start to get crunchy.
6. Take out of the oven and put back into the mixing bowl. Add the maple syrup and mix well.
7. Put back into the oven on the baking tray for another 5 to 10 mins.
8. Let cool for a little and enjoy!!
Find more of David’s recipes at A fist full of hummus, recipes of an unconventional vegan.