Sustaining and warming, this nutrient packed porridge is a great alternative to oats.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 2 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup fortified plant milk (plus a little extra to serve)
- 1 cup blueberries (or any other fruit)
- cinnamon powder and maple syrup to serve (optional)
- Rinse the quinoa under running water and drain well.
- While draining heat the milk to a gentle boil in a medium saucepan and then add the quinoa.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the milk is absorbed and the quinoa is soft (and the tails have emerged from the grain).
- Serve in a bowl and top with a little more plant milk, blueberries, cinnamon and maple syrup, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!