Quinoa Chickpea Salad
Here's an easy and vegan quinoa chickpea salad recipe for you. Made with fresh veg, herbs, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds and quinoa.
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked (I used tricolour quinoa)
- 2 cup water
- 1 red onion small
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (300g/10 oz)
- 1/2 cup parsley tightly packed
- 1/2 cup dill tightly packed
- 1 can chickpeas (400 ml/14 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Lemon Vinaigrette dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tbsp
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- sea salt pinch
- pepper pinch
- In a saucepan combine quinoa and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook quinoa for 12-15 minutes. Fluff with a spoon and cover with tea towel. Let rest.
- Dice onion, and chop celery and tomatoes into small chunks. Finely chop parsley and dill. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- In a large mixing bowl combine quinoa with veg, herbs, chickpeas and pumpkin seeds.
- Prepare vinaigrette: in a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic, sea salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour lemon vinaigrette over quinoa salad and toss to combine.
My name is Hannah and I started this blog to bring you plant-based recipes worth sharing. My recipes are intended for everyone to enjoy; whether you’re vegan, or simply trying to incorporate more plants into your diet. See all recipes by Hannah