Powerbean Balls & Rainbow Salad
Taste the healthy rainbow with this vibrant salad and protein-packed bean balls.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup cooked/canned brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cooked/canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Iodised salt (optional) and black pepper
- 15g/0.53oz Sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sultanas or raisins
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 red capsicum (bell pepper), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mixed salad leaves, washed and drained
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- To make the bean balls, roughly mash the beans and lentils in a bowl. In a pan, fry the garlic in a little olive oil. Add the beans and lentils and continue cooking for a couple of minutes. Use a wooden spoon to mash them more until the mixture is a sticky consistency. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Let the bean mixture cool a little then form into balls and roll in sesame seeds.
- Fry the bean balls in a little oil until brown. Alternatively, bake them in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes, turning once midway through.
- Mix together all salad ingredients.
- Make the dressing by stirring the tahini and lemon juice together with a fork, adding a little water if needed.
- Place salad in a bowl with powerbean balls on top and drizzle the tahini dressing to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!