Potato, Leek & Lentil Soup
Leeks add a wonderfully sweet and delicate taste to this nourishing bowl of goodness.
- 1 large potato
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder
- 1/2 cup low fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sliced leek
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Peel, chop and boil 1 large potato. Once soft drain the liquid and set the potatoes aside.
- While they are cooking, add one cup of water to a pot with the bay leaf, lentils and stock. Slowly bring to the boil stirring often.
- Once the lentils have changed colour from red to a yellow, turn down the heat and allow to simmer. Then add the potato and coconut milk.
- Wash and finely chop 1/2 a cup of leek and fry until golden in a little oil. Once golden add to the potato lentil mix and keep on a low heat for a further 10 min.
- Add more water if you want to thin out the soup.
- Top with parsley to serve.