Potato, Leek & Lentil Soup
Leeks add a wonderfully sweet taste to this nourishing bowl of goodness.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 large potato, cut into chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder
- 1/2 cup low fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup leek, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a pot, sauté the chopped leek in a little oil until golden and add the cumin.
- Then add one cup of water and the potato chunks to the pot with the bay leaf, lentils and stock. Bring to the boil stirring often over a medium-high heat.
- Once the lentils have changed colour from red to a yellow and the potato is soft, turn down the heat and allow to simmer. Add the coconut milk and keep on a low heat for a further 10 min.
- Add more water if you want to thin out the soup.
- Top with fresh parsley to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I used all of the ingredients but changed the preparation. I sautéed the leeks then toasted the cumin and then added the water, milk and potatoes. Delicious and the kids love it.