Penne with home made pesto, broccoli, tofu and pine nuts
Elias' food journal: http://on.fb.me/1jyMviv
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 small garlic cloves, halved
- 60g (3/4 cup) savory yeast flakes
- 5 tbs olive oil
- 45g (1/4 cup) pine nuts
1. Fry the tofu til golden brown put aside.
2. Lightly steam some broccoli.
3. To make the pesto it’s the usual recipe just substitute the Parmesan with Savory Yeast Flakes. Blend the basil leaves, garlic cloves, and Savory Yeast Flakes in food processor til fine, and slowly add oil.
4. Mix cooked pasta, broccoli, tofu and the pesto. (can use gf pasta)
5. Top off with a few extra pine nuts.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!