Penne Alla Siciliana
Pasta sicilana is usually a mix of pomodoro sauce with the addition of eggplants! But as a veggie lover, add more than just eggplants!
- 1 gluten free penne box (I use Jovial)
- 1 Tbsp walnut oil (or avocado oil)
- 2 springs onions, chopped small (or you can use 1 medium onion or leeks)
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced small
- 1 big eggplant, peeled and diced small
- 3 stalks of baby broccoli
- 3 cups of strained tomatoes.
- 2 to 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt to taste (I added 1 tsp)
- Heat the oil on medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté with a pinch of sea salt for about 5 to 7 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the carrots, sauté for 2 minutes, then the eggplants for 2 minutes, then the broccoli for another minute, stirring from time to time.
- Add the strained tomatoes, salt and spices, bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to the package instructions.I add a drizzle of oil to my boiling pasta to prevent it from sticking. I also rinse it with cold water when it is done to prevent overcooking.
- Drain your pasta and serve with a generous amount of siciliana sauce!
Nathalie is a vegan chef and holistic health coach with a master's degree in clinical psychology. She is on a worldwide mission to empower women to love themselves unconditionally, through healing their relationship with food and other healthy rituals. See all recipes by Nathalie