One Pot Penne Arrabiata
Spicy, garlicky with lots of tomato flavour… But if you don’t like spicy food, don't sweat it, just omit the hot red pepper flakes and substitute any other non-spicy red powder.
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 Tbsp of tomato paste or 1/2 a cup
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 – 1 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 7 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 boxes of gluten free penne
- Play some Italian music to set the mood!
- In a big pot, heat the avocado oil over medium flame until shimmering, about 2 minutes or so.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the basil and sauté for seconds.
- Add tomato paste and hot red pepper flakes, mix briefly with garlic, oil and basil.
- Add water, salt and black pepper.
Nathalie is a vegan chef and holistic health coach with a master's degree in clinical psychology. She is on a worldwide mission to empower women to love themselves unconditionally, through healing their relationship with food and other healthy rituals. See all recipes by Nathalie