One Pot Penne Arrabiata ★★★★★2 reviews
Spicy, garlicky with lots of tomato flavour… But if you don’t like spicy food, don't sweat it, just omit the hot red pepper flakes and substitute any other non-spicy red powder.
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 Tbsp of tomato paste or 1/2 a cup
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 – 1 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 7 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 boxes of gluten free penne
- Play some Italian music to set the mood!
- In a big pot, heat the avocado oil over medium flame until shimmering, about 2 minutes or so.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the basil and sauté for seconds.
- Add tomato paste and hot red pepper flakes, mix briefly with garlic, oil and basil.
- Add water, salt and black pepper.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Nathalie is a vegan chef and holistic health coach with a master's degree in clinical psychology. She is on a worldwide mission to empower women to love themselves unconditionally, through healing their relationship with food and other healthy rituals. See all recipes by Nathalie
I love my vegan diet. It’s just trying to convince my 11yr old that it’s way better than eating a diet with meat. I’m always on the look out for alternatives to make it look appealing & taste great. I’m still new just under 1yr plus I’ve never experimented so much with food my entire life ringing true to the words that being on a vegan diet isn’t easy; much effort is taking place to prepare it. So with my 11yr old it’s a case of some dishes are great, others are good, & little are appealing at all but the politeness of accepting to eat only a couple of bites, well, better than not trying it at all I say. Hopefully next time more of that dish will be eaten. I love my child & I won’t give up. I only hope that one day they will see the benefits because when you’re young you don’t; it’s only when one is older that health is affected by everything eaten & so changes in ones diet is necessary.
I’m a beginner and this was so easy and divine. I added mushrooms and tin tomatoes