Nourishing Vegan Breakfast Bowl
Mouth-watering savoury meal for breakfast with a hint of Italian flavour. Nutritious and high in protein, assemble your bowl with tofu, baby spinach, mushrooms, baked beans, avocado, and season with Italian herbs, soy sauce and lemon juice.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 12 mins
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu (1 heaped cup, cubed)
- 100g/3.5oz mushrooms (1 1/2 cup, sliced)
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 100g/3.5oz (1/3 cup) can baked beans
- 80g/2.8oz avocado (1/2 cup, cubed)
- 30g/1oz baby spinach (a handful)
- To taste: squeeze of lemon, soy or tamari sauce for GF
- Cube tofu and avocado, slice mushrooms.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat, spray oil then cook tofu for 7-8 minutes, until lightly browned. Add mushrooms and Italian herbs, sauté the for 2-3 minutes, then add the baked beans to warm up. Mix well then remove from heat.
- Add the baby spinach to a bowl then top with the tofu, mushroom, baked beans mix. Drizzle some soy sauce, squeeze some lemon juice on top, and enjoy.
Macros – Carb: 21g Fat: 27g Prot: 36g Calories: 452
This recipe is part of the 7-day Wellbeing meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!