Mushrooms and Tofu on Dark Rye Toast
A healthy breakfast on dark rye toast with crumbled tofu and sliced mushrooms, flavoured with coriander and spring onion. For a spicy kick, add some chilli flakes to the crumbled tofu. Ready in under 20 minutes.
- 100g/3.5oz firm tofu (3/4 cup, crumbled)
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp soy or tamari sauce
- 200g/7oz mushrooms, sliced (4 medium button mushrooms)
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 5ml/0.17oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray
- 30g/1oz fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 slices dark rye bread
- Optional: iodised salt, other seasonings of choice
- Crumble the tofu with your hands, place in a bowl and use a fork to crumble it more. Add the turmeric, soy sauce and any other seasonings of choice. Mix well and set aside.
- Chop the onion and coriander, slice the mushrooms.
- Preheat a pan on medium-high. Add olive oil, wait a few seconds then add the crumbled tofu. Fry for a couple of minutes then add the mushrooms, cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the spring onion and coriander continue cooking for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toast the rye bread then top with the mushroom-tofu mix and serve.
Note: If you prefer an ‘eggy’ flavour for your tofu scramble, use black salt (kala namak) instead of regular salt.
Macros – Carb: 40g Fat: 15g Prot: 32g Calories: 423
This recipe is part of the 7-day Wellbeing meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!