- 7g / 0.25oz yeast sachet
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1/2 cup plant based milk (I used macadamia)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp water left to set for five minutes)
- 1 cup sorghum flour (or buckwheat flour)
- 1 cup gluten free self raising flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- As much cinnamon as you like
- 1 tbsp baking powder
1. Mix the yeast, water and raw sugar in a small bowl and leave to activate for 15 minutes.
2. Whilst waiting for the yeast, add both flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and baking powder into a large bowl.
3. Once the yeast is ready, add to the large bowl and combine.
4. Next, whisk in the flax egg, milk and coconut oil.
5. You should now have a dough. Knead the dough for a couple of minutes, adding more flour if required.
6. Leave the dough in the bowl and cover with a tea towel, leaving it in a warm space for an hour to rise.
7. Once 50 minutes has passed, turn on your oven to 180C / 355F fan forced and grease a baking tray.
8. Take the dough out of the bowl and make six equally sized buns.
9. Place each bun onto the prepared tray and put into the oven to bake for approximately 35 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool or eat warm!