Fruit Mince Pies
You can't have Christmas without fruit mince pies! We love them both cold or warm served with a little vanilla vegan ice cream or topping cream... yum!
Serves 12 pies | Prep time: 10 mins + chilling time | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 150g/5.3oz plain flour
- 50g/1.7oz ground almonds
- 25g/.8oz copha, grated
- 50g/1.7oz vegan margarine
- Juice of half an orange
- 1 jar of fruit mince
- Pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356F.
- Place the flour in a bowl and rub the vegan margarine and copha into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs (you could do this in a food processor). Mix in the ground almonds.
- Add the juice and mix briefly into the flour until it starts to form a ball. Bring the mixture together with your hands and knead briefly until smooth.
- Place in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll the pastry out thinly and cut 12 circles. Places these in an oiled muffin tin and refrigerate again for about 20 minutes (retain any leftover pastry).
- Fill the moulds with fruit mince. Top either with pastry or a pecan nut.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until just brown.
Recipe by Jo Osborne
Photo by Natalia Jones
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!