Mexican Wedges with Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce and Sour Cream
These are really really tasty on their own, but if you’re looking for something to knock your socks off, we highly recommend making the Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce and Homemade Sour Cream.
Levan and Amrita's Food Journal:http://on.fb.me/1Mc6W6Q
- 3 Large Potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Cayenne (depends on how spicy you want them to be)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
VEGAN NACHO CHEESE:
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 3 large carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 & 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 40g / 1.4 oz can diced jalapeño peppers, drained (optional)
- 1 cup Raw Cashews (soaked overnight in water and then drained)
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Water, depending on how thick you want it to be
- Preheat oven to 180 C / 335 F and have a baking sheet ready.
- In a large bowl, combine your potato wedges with oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne and dried parsley. Season liberally with salt and pepper, and then toss everything until all the seasoning has been evenly distributed on the potato wedges.
- Once everything has been mixed well, transfer wedges to baking sheet and make sure they are placed on the baking sheet in a single row. You want your wedges to roast, not steam!
- Pop into the oven for 35 minutes, giving the wedges a turn halfway through the cooking process.
- Whilst the wedges are in the oven, prepare your Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce and Homemade Sour Cream.
- After 35 minutes, check that your wedges are done, check that they are cooked through and tender. If they arent, let them bake for another 10 minutes. When they are done, serve with prepared sauces (drizzle them on if you wish) and garnish with coriander and diced pepper.
VEGAN NACHO CHEESE:
- Steam potatoes and carrots together until soft.
- Blend with remaining ingredients, except peppers, in blender until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in peppers and enjoy as a sauce or dip for chips.
- For Cashew Sour Cream: Combine ingredients in a blender and blend till very smooth. Keep in air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita