Matcha Tahini Waffles
Matcha transforms these waffles into an indulgent Sunday brunch treat served with lashings of Maple Syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups Wholemeal Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Plant Milk
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your waffle iron. In a bowl, combine all your dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk your wet ingredients. Make well in the middle of your dry ingredients and pour in the wet mix. Gently fold until you get a nice smooth batter. Don’t over mix. Some lumps in the batter is completely fine!
- Transfer batter into a pouring jug for easy pouring. Cook batter in your waffle maker according to instructions.
- Serve with lashings of Maple Syrup and fruit of choice.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hey, I'm Joanne. I'm a student dietitian from Sydney, Australia. Having previously studied food science and human nutrition, I am always interested in the culture, social aspects, development and nutritional science of food.
See all recipes by Joanne