Matcha Cheesecake Mousse with Cherry Jelly
This dessert is fresh, flavourful + easy to make. A tangy, creamy mousse in combination with the sweetness of the cherry jelly is a match-a made in heaven!
- 1 cup pitted cherries [fresh or frozen]
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp agar powder
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Cut cherries in half . Add cherries, maple syrup + lime juice into a pot simmer over medium high heat. cover using a lid and allow cherries to soften for 1 minute
- Use a fork to gently mash the cherries. Reduce to medium heat and add coconut water . Bring to a gentle simmer, then thoroughly stir in agar powder. Remove from heat, and transfer into two glasses.
- Chill in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes before topping with matcha cheesecake mousse.
- Add cashews, coconut yogurt, maple syrup + lime juice into a blender/food processor and blend on high speed until smooth. Continue to blend for on high speed for a further minute to aerate the mixture.
- Carefully spoon the mousse over the cherry jelly. Further chill in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Serve with Soy Cream and Fruit.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hey, I'm Joanne. I'm a student dietitian from Sydney, Australia. Having previously studied food science and human nutrition, I am always interested in the culture, social aspects, development and nutritional science of food.
See all recipes by Joanne