Lentil, Potato & Kale Stew
This stew is creamy, filling, gluten-free, oil-free and delicious. To cut down on cooking time it can also be made in a pressure cooker.
- 2 cups of red lentils
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 inch chunk of ginger
- 6 small potatoes
- 2 cups of broccoli greens or spinach
- 5-6 leaves of kale
- 3 small stalks of celery
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp dehydrated onion
- 5 cups of water
- 1 can of lite or full-fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onion, garlic, and ginger in a pot with a small amount of water.
- Chop the potatoes, celery, and bell pepper and place in the pot.
- Next, rinse and chop the kale leaves and add to the pot along with the spinach.
- Then, rinse your lentils well and add to the pot, along with 5 cups of water and coconut milk.
- Lastly, add all the spices and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once ready, serve with rice and enjoy :)
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Ethical vegan living in Canada with my 2 rescue dogs and vegan boyfriend, creating vegan recipes that are affordable and easy to make! See all recipes by Vegan