Lentil, Potato & Kale Stew
This stew is creamy, filling, gluten-free, oil-free and delicious. To cut down on cooking time it can also be made in a pressure cooker.
- 2 cups of red lentils
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 inch chunk of ginger
- 6 small potatoes
- 2 cups of broccoli greens or spinach
- 5-6 leaves of kale
- 3 small stalks of celery
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp dehydrated onion
- 5 cups of water
- 1 can of lite or full-fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the onion, garlic, and ginger in a pot with a small amount of water.
- Chop the potatoes, celery, and bell pepper and place in the pot.
- Next, rinse and chop the kale leaves and add to the pot along with the spinach.
- Then, rinse your lentils well and add to the pot, along with 5 cups of water and coconut milk.
- Lastly, add all the spices and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and let simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once ready, serve with rice and enjoy :)
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Ethical vegan living in Canada with my two rescue dogs and vegan boyfriend, creating vegan recipes that are affordable and easy to make! See all recipes by Vegan