Korean Vegan Bibimbap
Bibimbap is such a versatile dish. You can easily make it by topping a hot bowl of rice with various vegetables, a source of protein like tofu, served with a gochujang dressing. This recipe is by chef Jimmy.
Serves 2 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 cup Brown rice
- 140g/5oz Radish
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 100g/3.5oz Green beans
- 3 stalks Spring onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Tbsp Gochujang paste
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 220g/7.8oz Tofu
- 2 Tbsp Oil (coconut, olive)
- 3 Tbsp Soy sauce (Tamari sauce for GF)
- 1 Tbsp Syrup (agave/ maple)
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar (Rice/ any)
- Cook – Place rice in saucepan on medium heat with 2 cups of cold water. Cover, bring to the boil. Then simmer for 25/30 minutes until rice is cooked. Drain rice in a strainer.
- Marinate – Slice tofu into 2cm (1in) cubes. Place garam masala in a bowl with 2 Tbsp of soy sauce. Mix well. Add tofu, mix and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Prep – Halve radish then thinly slice. Remove top and tails from beans and slice into 1cm (1/2in) pieces. Grate carrot. Halve cucumber then slice thinly. Finely slice spring onion. Mince garlic.
- Dressing & Fry – Place into a bowl: gochujang paste, 1 Tbsp soy/Tamari sauce, vinegar, oil, minced garlic and syrup. Mix well. Place fry pan on high heat with 1 Tbsp oil. Add tofu and green beans, cook for 4-6 minutes until golden.
- Finish & Serve – Place rice in a bowl. Spread the cucumber, carrot, radishes and tofu mixture over the rice. Garnish with spring onion, sesame seeds and the gochujang dressing.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hello, my name is Jimmy. I am the founder and recipe developer of VegMeUp, a vegan meal-kit delivery service in Melbourne, Australia. See all recipes by Jimmy