Kidney Bean & Potato Curry
This vegan curry is an all-time fave! It's hearty and filling but best of all it tastes fantastic and will give you lots of leftovers! It's naturally gluten-free and you can easily make it oil-free.
Serves 4 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 60 mins
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeño or hot pepper of your choice (optional)
- 10 small potatoes
- 3 Tbsp of your favourite curry paste (optional)
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil for sauté (optional)
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 2 tsp of garam masala
- Iodised salt & black pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and dice the garlic. Add them to a pot with water or oil to sauté on medium-high heat. (If you’re using a spicy pepper add that too).
- Chop the potatoes into bite-sized chunks and add to the pot.
- Add the can of coconut milk and diced tomatoes.
- Rinse the kidney beans and add those to the pot as well.
- Add the curry paste you’re using and then all of the spices.
- Mix well. Bring everything to a boil and then let simmer for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Serve on its own, with bread, or over rice. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
LunchDinnerIndianGluten FreeLow Fat
Ethical vegan living in Canada with my two rescue dogs and vegan boyfriend, creating vegan recipes that are affordable and easy to make! See all recipes by Vegan