Kidney Bean & Potato Curry
This is an all-time fave! It's hearty and filling but best of all it tastes fantastic and will give you lots of leftovers! It's naturally gluten-free and you can easily make it oil-free.
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeño or hot pepper of your choice (optional)
- 10 small potatoes
- 3 Tbsp of your favourite curry paste (optional)
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil for sauté (optional)
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 2 tsp of garam masala
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and dice the garlic. Add it to a pot with water or oil to saute (If you’re using a spicy pepper add that too).
- Chop the potatoes into bite-sized chunks and add to the pot.
- Add the can of coconut milk and diced tomatoes.
- Rinse the kidney beans and add those to the pot as well.
- Add the curry paste you’re using and then all of the spices.
- Mix well. Bring everything to a boil and then let simmer for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are soft.
Serve on its own, with bread, or over rice. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
DinnerGluten FreeLow Fat
Ethical vegan living in Canada with my 2 rescue dogs and vegan boyfriend, creating vegan recipes that are affordable and easy to make! See all recipes by Vegan