Immune-boosting Turmeric, Ginger & Lemon Dahl
Lucy's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1v8m90i
Ingredients (makes 2 serves):
- 1 cup (200g/7oz) toor or split mung/moong dahl (both are varieties of yellow lentils)
- 3 cups (750mL/25fl oz) water
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (this can be omitted if you don’t have it)
- 1 tbsp grated fresh peeled ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (you can use fresh turmeric if you prefer)
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- Optional: 1 tsp broken lemon myrtle leaves. You can find these in health food stores
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- Juice of half a lemon
- To serve: brown rice or quinoa, steamed broccoli or cauliflower
- Place the dahl, water, fresh ginger, turmeric, coconut flour, salt and pepper, lemon zest, lemon myrtle and onion flakes in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes or until the dahl is soft.
- Add the lemon juice and stir through the dahl
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa and some steamed vegetables and garnish with a little extra lemon zest.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!