Honeycomb, the dessert classic that is sometimes called cinder toffee, sometimes called hokey pokey and almost never made using honey or honeycomb!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan honey or golden syrup
- 3.5 tsp baking soda
- Cover a baking tray in baking paper and place in the freezer to cool.
- In a small bowl, sift the baking soda and place near the stove.
- Pour honey into a large pot over low-medium heat.
- Add in sugar and stir with a wooden spoon until dissolved and don’t stir the mixture again for the rest of the recipe.
- Using a candy thermometer, slowly bring the mixture to 150°C / 300°F, or just before. Avoid going hotter than this, but make sure the mixture reaches this temperature to ensure the right consistency in the final product.
As soon as the temperature hits 150°C / 300°F, pour in the sifted baking powder and stir with the wooden spoon vigorously.
- Quickly pour the hot mixture over the prepared baking tray and allow to cool for at least an hour or two.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I’m into indulgent food that looks and tastes like it shouldn’t be vegan, just to prove we can. See all recipes by Zacchary