High-Protein Vegan Burrito Bowl
Power up with this tasty, protein packed vegan burrito bowl. It contains 49 grams of protein in the one serve!
Serves 1 | Prep time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 75g/2.6oz (1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp) uncooked brown rice
- 150g/5.30z sweet potato, (1 1/4 cup, cut in chunks)
- 25g/0.9oz brown onion (1/4 medium onion)
- 40g/1.3oz (1/3 cup + 1 tsp) TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 4g/0.1g (1 1/2 tsp) burrito spice mix (e.g. Old El Paso Burrito Spice Mix)
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray
- 200g/7oz four bean mix (1 1/4 cup, rinsed & drained)
- 100g/3.5oz avocado (1/2 medium sized avo)
- 100g/3.5oz red capsicum (bell pepper), (1/2 a capsicum)
- 100g/3.5oz corn kernels, (1/2 cup, rinsed & drained)
- 20g/0.7oz coriander (1/3 cup, finely chopped)
- To taste: squeeze of lemon juice, soy sauce
- Cook brown rice as per packet instructions.
- Rehydrate the TVP mince with 1/3 cup of boiled water poured over it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Prep other ingredients: Cut sweet potato, chop onion, capsicum, avocado, coriander, rinse and drain corn kernels and four bean mix.
- Steam/boil sweet potato for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- While sweet potato is cooking, heat up the oil in a pan and sauté onion for a couple of minutes then add the rehydrated TVP. Cook for a couple of minutes, add the burrito spice and mix well. Add corn kernels, capsicum and half the chopped coriander. Stir all ingredients together and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Next, assemble your burrito bowl with the mince mix, rice, avocado, four bean mix, sweet potato, top with fresh coriander, and drizzle soy sauce and lemon juice to taste. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!