High-Protein Vegan Burrito Bowl
Power up with this tasty, protein packed vegan burrito bowl. It contains 49 grams of protein in the one serve!
Serves 1 | Prep time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 75g/2.6oz (1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp) uncooked brown rice
- 150g/5.30z sweet potato, (1 1/4 cup, cut in chunks)
- 25g/0.9oz brown onion (1/4 medium onion)
- 40g/1.3oz (1/3 cup + 1 tsp) TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 4g/0.1g (1 1/2 tsp) burrito spice mix (e.g. Old El Paso Burrito Spice Mix)
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray
- 200g/7oz four bean mix (1 1/4 cup, rinsed & drained)
- 100g/3.5oz avocado (1/2 medium sized avo)
- 100g/3.5oz red capsicum (bell pepper), (1/2 a capsicum)
- 100g/3.5oz corn kernels, (1/2 cup, rinsed & drained)
- 20g/0.7oz coriander (1/3 cup, finely chopped)
- To taste: squeeze of lemon juice, soy sauce
- Cook brown rice as per packet instructions.
- Rehydrate the TVP mince with 1/3 cup of boiled water poured over it in a bowl. Set aside.
- Prep other ingredients: Cut sweet potato, chop onion, capsicum, avocado, coriander, rinse and drain corn kernels and four bean mix.
- Steam/boil sweet potato for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- While sweet potato is cooking, heat up the oil in a pan and sauté onion for a couple of minutes then add the rehydrated TVP. Cook for a couple of minutes, add the burrito spice and mix well. Add corn kernels, capsicum and half the chopped coriander. Stir all ingredients together and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Next, assemble your burrito bowl with the mince mix, rice, avocado, four bean mix, sweet potato, top with fresh coriander, and drizzle soy sauce and lemon juice to taste. Enjoy!
Macros – Carb: 140g Fat: 26g Prot: 49g Calories: 990
This recipe is part of the 7-day Strength meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!