Healthy Vegan Chili
Hearty and Healthy Vegan Chili. This one-pot vegan chili is super cozy and packed with nourishing ingredients. Such a savory and comforting meal that tastes delicious as leftovers.
- 1 Tbsp neutral oil, I used olive oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth or filtered water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Heat a large pot with oil on medium heat. Once hot, add the chopped onion, carrots, salt and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic powder, dried oregano, chili powder, cumin, and cook for an additional 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add the vegetable broth, black beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, and diced tomatoes with its juices. Mix and bring mixture to a simmer. Once simmering, turn heat down to low-medium and cook for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Taste soup and add additional seasoning (salt, garlic powder, or chili powder) if needed.
- Divide into soup bowls and serve.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3 days.
2017 is when I officially went vegan, cutting out all dairy products. It all began when my husband and I started watching vegan documentaries that informed us on what kinds of things were in our foods. See all recipes by Marissa