Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
This is a super easy recipe which only needs a few ingredients, most of which you'll probably already have. They also happen to taste delicious - this entire plate didn’t last a day!
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1/2 cup of cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp of chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp of water
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 200C / 400F
- Make your flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Put it aside for 15 minutes until it absorbs the water.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients to a bowl (the peanut butter, applesauce, sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda).
- When the chia “egg” is done, add that too.
- Mix everything together thoroughly. If it’s too dry add a bit more applesauce, if it’s too sticky add a bit more flour.
Line a tray with parchment paper, or grease a tray, or use a silicone baking sheet.
- Place the batter onto a tray leaving a bit of space between the cookies because they’ll expand slightly. You don’t need to flatten them out or anything.
- Cook for 10-14 minutes. Be careful not to overcook! As soon as they turn a little brown on the edges, they’re done. They will look uncooked, but you need to let them sit and cool down for 1 hour and then they’ll be perfect.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Ethical vegan living in Canada with my two rescue dogs and vegan boyfriend, creating vegan recipes that are affordable and easy to make! See all recipes by Vegan