Healthy Iced Vovos
“Hola to all of you Aussies out there who know this to be an iconic childhood biscuit which consists of a biscuit base topped with marshmallow, jam & coconut. I’m so excited to be bringing you this fun healthified vegan version! I managed to achieve the pretty pink hue using pink pitaya powder. I hope that you guys try making these!” ~ Michelle
Makes 6 | Prep: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 4 tablespoons powdered almond butter (can sub for powdered peanut butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon @unicornsuperfoods pink pitaya powder
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam ( I made my own raspberry chia jam)
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced. Line a cookie tray with non-stick paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients until mixed.
- Add in the wet ingredients and mix until a cookie dough forms.
- Form the dough into a flat & even rectangular sheet. Cut the cookie dough sheet into 6 even rectangles.
- Spread the biscuit out on the tray to leave 2cm between each. Bake for 8 mins until golden. Remove from the oven & allow to cool fully before frosting.
- Make the frosting by mixing together the ingredients until a smooth & spreadable consistency.
- Spread the frosting over each cookie, then sprinkle with desiccated coconut and top with a line of jam in the centre of each biscuit.
Healthy Iced Vovos by Michelle
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
A bit about me – I am an Australian food blogger, recipe developer with passion for health & fitness. See all recipes by Michelle