Gado Gado Green Papaya Salad
This delish dish is a fantastic seasonal salad, easily made with the left over veggies in your fridge!
- 3 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1 capsicum
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 a green papaya
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pack of smoked tofu
- Sesame oil to fry with
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos sauce
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Fresh chilli to taste
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp curry paste
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Water to thin if needed
- Chop the tofu into cubes and lightly fry in sesame oil until golden
- Chop broccoli and blanch for 1 minute, remove and dry.
- Chop capsicum into strips
- Peel the papaya. On the small shed setting of your mandolin slicer shred the papaya, carrot and zucchini into a bowl.
- Lightly salt and toss, then leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Once settled, drain the liquid out and transfer to another bowl. (Don’t squeeze too hard that you mush it up.)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend!
- Taste and adjust the spices, salt and sweetness to your own preference. If too thick, add small parts of water at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- To serve, place all the salad ingredients on a plate, lay the tofu on top, then drizzle the peanut sauce over tofu and salad!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Growing up on a small farm in northern Victoria, veganism was the furthest thing from my mind, other than being something I couldn’t spell. I thought the idea of it sounded ridiculous. I was well indoctrinated into the idea that animals are a commodity. See all recipes by David