Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls
A cozy, classic dessert — made vegan and still utterly delicious. because we all deserve a treat or two (or a dozen), right?
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar I used coconut sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp instant or quick-rise yeast
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp dairy-free butter softened / room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp dairy-free butter
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dough ingredients: flours, sugar, salt, yeast, vegan butter, and milk.
- Knead the mixture until smooth, about 15 minutes by hand. Add more flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Form the dough into a ball and let rise in the bowl for 1-2 hours, covered, until doubled in volume.
- While the dough is rising, whisk together the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and roll it into a 12” x 15” rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Brush with the 2 tablespoons of vegan butter, then evenly sprinkle on the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Tightly roll the up the dough lengthwise into a log, then cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place the rolls in a greased baking pan (I used a 9” x 12” pan). Cover and let rest for 30 minutes, and preheat your oven to 375F / 190C.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
My name is Lenny, known as @vegamelon on Instagram! I became vegan almost four years ago, at the end of my freshman year of high school. See all recipes by Lenny