Easy Vegan Sausage Rolls
This delicious family favourite snack will get everyones attention when you tell them that these sausage rolls are Vegan and you made them yourself.
- 2 Slices Bread or 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts
- 1/2 Tsp BBQ Spice Mix
- 1 Brown onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 300g Firm Tofu chopped
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1/2 Tsp Liquid Smoke (or can substitute with paprika)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 Sheets ready made vegan puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 175C and line a tray with baking paper
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry the chopped onions until they begin to brown. Set aside.
- If you don\’t have breadcrumbs then blitz 2 slices of wholegrain bread in your food processor until they turn to breadcrumbs. Add the walnuts and spice mix and blitz again until they are processed and mixed in with the breadcrumbs.
- Next add in the wet ingredients; The onions, tofu, minced garlic, tomato paste, soy sauce and liquid smoke and blend until combined. Don’t over blend as the mixture won’t hold together when you make your sausage rolls.
- Lay the slightly thawed puff pastry squares out on to the lined baking tray and spoon the mixture into the middle of each pastry evenly. Roll up the pastry to make one large sausage roll and divide it into 9 sausage roll sized pieces on each piece pastry with the blunt edge of the knife pressing down firmly.
- With a pastry knife brush the olive oil over the pastry evenly and then sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in the oven until golden brown (approximately 25 mins). Leave to stand for 5 minutes before dipping into some tomato or bbq sauce.
Recipe and image by www.herbivorechef.com
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!