Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles
“So easy to make, so tasty and they look a treat. Perfect as a Christmas sweet, you can garnish with salt flakes, chilli powder or for a real treat, sprinkle with finely chopped candy canes. You can also substitute the peanut butter with other nut butters, such as cashew or almond. For an Italian flavour add a dash of amaretto or coffee liqueur.” ~ Nadia
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- 1/2 heaped cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g vegan dark chocolate
- Salt flakes, chilli powder or vegan candy canes to garnish
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, desiccated coconut, almond meal and syrup until well combined. You may need to finish mixing with your hands and form into a dough.
- Shape mixture into walnut shell-sized balls.
- Place truffles onto a tray lined with baking paper. Place in the freezer while you melt the chocolate.
- In a bowl over a pot of simmering water on a low heat, melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave on a medium heat, stirring in intervals of 1 minute, until melted.
- Once chocolate has melted, take truffles out of the freezer and roll them in the melted chocolate. I use a spoon to coat the truffle on all sides and then carefully lift the truffle onto the baking paper. Repeat with remaining truffles.
- Drizzle any leftover melted chocolate over the truffles, to create pretty patterns.
- Sprinkle each truffle with a pinch of salt, chilli pepper or chopped vegan candy canes.
- Return the truffles to the freezer and chill until firm.
- Store in the fridge.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Truffles by Nadia
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Nadia is a cookbook author, recipe creator, presenter and vegan Italian expert. She has been creating vegan recipes since 2001 and loves to share her passion for recreating Italian classics through her blog The Vegan Italian Kitchen and her recent cookbook Discovering Vegan Italian. See all recipes by Nadia