Detox Quinoa Salad with Lime Dressing
Vegan Detox Quinoa Salad - a healthy, vibrant and delicious salad studded with lots of veggies and dressed in a Lime and Cumin Dressing. Gluten Free.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 medium Sweet Potato, cubed
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup fresh Corn Kernels
- 1 can Organic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 Spring Onions, finely diced
- 1 cup Sweet Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 ounces/100 grams Baby Spinach, chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro/Coriander
For The Dressing:
- Juice of 2 Fresh Limes
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- In a pot, combine Quinoa and Stock. Bring to a simmer and then close with a lid. Let cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn heat off and let Quinoa sit for 5 minutes before opening lid.
- Meanwhile, combine cubed Sweet Potato with 2 teaspoons Olive Oil. Season with Salt and Pepper and roast in a preheated oven (175 Celsius/350F) for 20 minutes or until fork tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Quinoa, Roasted Sweet Potato, Corn, Black Beans, Spring Onion, Cherry Tomato, Baby Spinach and Cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing and mix well. Pour over Quinoa Salad and toss lightly to combine. Check for seasoning and season well with Salt and Pepper.
- Serve warm or cold.
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita