Decadent Chocolate Truffle Dessert
A very rich and versatile chocolatey dessert that can be used as a filling for truffles, a spread, ganache filling or topping, or simply melt it and pour over fresh fruit sprinkled with crushed nuts. Divine! You could also multiply the recipe and pour it into sterilised jars to give as decadent Christmas gifts. The photo shows the Chocolate Truffle Dessert used as a spread sandwiched between vegan cookies, and as small truffle balls coated with shredded coconut, crushed pumpkin seeds and dusted with cocoa powder. Recipe by Jenny McCracken from Compassion Cooks.
Serves 1 jar | Prep time: 10 mins + chilling time | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 50g/1.8oz vegan butter
- 2-3 Tbsp raw caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 80g/2.8oz vegan dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 2 1/2 Tbsp hemp protein powder
- In a non-stick saucepan on low heat, melt the butter, sugar, dark chocolate and cocoa powder and combine well.
- Then stir in the plant milk and hemp protein powder. Turn off heat and use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Pour into a jar. Allow to cool then place in the fridge to set. Use as a spread, ganache, truffle or melt for a decadent chocolatey sauce to pour over fruit or other desserts.
Note: Recipe yields 240g/8.5oz of the chocolate dessert. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!