Date & Walnut Protein Energy Balls
"These energy-packed protein balls are incredibly easy to make. I eat them on long bike rides for training fuel or take them on the go for simple snacking. Creating them is a straightforward process that involves combining just a few simple ingredients, and the results are delicious. If you don't have a food processor, you can just chop the dates and nuts into tiny pieces and mix everything together in a large bowl." ~ Tyler Tafelsky
Serves 10 | Prep time: 10 mins + chilling time | Cooking time: 0 mins
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 scoops of vegan protein powder*
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Start by processing the dates and walnuts in a food processor until they are finely chopped and begin to form a sticky mixture.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients (protein powder, chia seeds, and quick oats) and pulse until well combined.
- Gradually add the maple syrup while pulsing the mixture. Start with a small amount and add more as needed until the mixture reaches a consistency that allows you to easily form balls.
- Scoop out portions of the mixture and roll them into balls with your hands. If it’s too sticky, you can lightly oil your hands to prevent sticking.
- Place the protein energy balls on a tray or plate and refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes to firm up before serving.
Note: *I used OWYN Plant Protein Powder because it’s sweet tasting and the ingredients are clean.
Recipe by Tyler Tafelsky of veganproteinpowder.reviews
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!