Curried Tempeh with Tomato & Kale
Flavoursome and nourishing curry dish packed with nutrient-rich ingredients.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 25 mins
- 150g/5.3oz tempeh (a heaped cup, cubed)
- 1/2 vegetable stock cube (low sodium)
- 150g/5.3oz kale (3 cups, roughly chopped) (we used Tuscan kale)
- 50g/1.8oz carrot (1/3 cup, diced)
- 100g/3.5oz zucchini (3/4 cup, diced)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 50g/1.8oz brown onion, (abt 1/2 medium size)
- 200g/7oz diced tomatoes (can)
- Optional: squeeze of lemon juice, seasonings of choice
- Cut the tempeh into cubes or strips and place in a shallow bowl. Mix 1/4 of the stock cube with 2 tablespoons of hot water and pour over the tempeh to marinate for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop/dice onion, carrot, zucchini and kale.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat then cook the tempeh, with any remaining marinade sauce, for about 5-7 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Move the tempeh to the sides of the pan and add the onion in the center cook for about a minute then mix thoroughly and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the tomato, zucchini, carrot, curry powder, and crumble in the remaining stock cube. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and place lid on the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes then stir in the kale and simmer for another 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with a squeeze of lemon (optional).
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!