Crispy Air-fried Tofu Lunch Bowl
Easy to make and delicious lunch bowl with crispy air fried tofu, fresh cucumber slices and aromatic basmati rice. Recipe by Eden.
Serves 2 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 pack Tilda Microwave Steamed Pure Basmati Rice 250g (or use 1 cup of uncooked Basmati rice)
- 375g block firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (use Tamari for GF option)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Pinch of turmeric
- Sesame seeds
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Slice the tofu into large pieces. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Place each piece of tofu inside the marinade, flip to coat both sides, leave for a few minutes.
- Cook in an air-fryer for 10 mins at 200°C/392°F, turning once and brushing more marinade on top when you do. You can also cook in the oven at the same temperature for 10-15 mins.
- Heat the Tilda rice in the microwave and transfer to a bowl. Or if you’re cooking your basmati rice from scratch on a stove top use a rice to water ratio of 1 cup of rice to 1.5 cups of water and the absorption method:
- Place the water and rice in saucepan then bring to simmer on medium-high without the lid.
- When the surface starts to bubble place the lid on top and turn down the heat to medium-low and cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let rice rest for 10 minutes, fluff with a rice paddle, then it’s ready to be served.
- Top with the crispy tofu pieces, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and cucumber. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
LunchDinnerGluten FreeLow Fat
I'm Eden. I'm an Australian food blogger from Sydney but now living in the cold Snowy Mountains of Australia. I've been vegan for 6 years and I love creating really delicious but simple recipes. I hope to inspire others with my easy to follow recipes and show them how fun eating vegan and plant-based can be. See all recipes by Eden