Creamy Pasta with Broccoli & Mushrooms
This Creamy Pasta with Broccoli & Mushrooms is the ultimate easy-to-make dinner. Vegan, gluten-free and taking just over 30 minutes to make, it's a winner! Recipe by Vancouver with Love.
- 2 cups Uncooked Brown Rice Pasta
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 6 Cremini or Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup frozen Peas
- 4 medium Kale leaves, de-stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup White Beans
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil on a medium heat and gently sauté the garlic for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to sauté for 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the coconut milk, broccoli, frozen peas and beans (if using) to the pan
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat slightly and allow it to bubble gently for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Kale and Parsley.
- Finally, stir in the cooked pasta and season generously with salt and pepper. Serve in large bowls and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Food for me is a passion. I find it strange when people comment on the restrictions of a plant-based diet, because to me there is huge variety in it. In fact, I’m probably more adventurous with food now than I was before I turned vegan. I love colour and vitality in my recipes as well as simplicity and elegance. See all recipes by Elizabeth