Creamy Mushroom Zucchini Pasta
Enjoy this comforting, creamy pasta dish with delicious umami flavouring by Lenny.
Serves 3 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 large onion, 250g; diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8oz mushrooms, 225g; sliced
- 3 medium zucchinis, 600g; sliced
- 8oz dry pasta of choice, 225g
- 1 1/2cups water, 360g
- 1 1/2cups plant-based milk, 360g
- 2 Tbsp miso paste, 36g
- 1/2 vegan bouillon cube, 5g; or use salt to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, 25g
- 3 Tbsp tahini, 45g
- juice of 1/2 lemon, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- In a pot, heat some oil and sauté the onions for 4-5 minutes, then add garlic and mushrooms.
- Stir well. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until mushrooms have released some of their water.
- Add zucchini, pasta, water, and milk. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 12-15 minutes, then stir in the miso, vegan bouillon, and tahini.
- Cook for 5-8 more minutes, or until the pasta has cooked through. Season with lemon juice and black pepper to taste, then serve warm.
- I served mine with broccoli, but you can enjoy the pasta as is.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
My name is Lenny, known as @vegamelon on Instagram! I became vegan almost four years ago, at the end of my freshman year of high school. See all recipes by Lenny