Creamy Garlic and Mushroom Pasta
- 8 oz dry pasta of choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz mushrooms 225g; sliced or quartered
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup dairy-free cream such as soy, oat, cashew, or coconut; I used Good Karma sour cream
- In a pot, boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms, herbs, salt & pepper, and nutritional yeast. Incorporate well.
- After 6-8 minutes, when the mushrooms have softened, stir in Dijon mustard and vegan cream.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes (to heat the cream) before adding in the pasta.
- Mix well, then season with salt & lemon juice to taste. Serve warm.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
My name is Lenny, known as @vegamelon on Instagram! I became vegan almost four years ago, at the end of my freshman year of high school. See all recipes by Lenny