Serves 2 | Prep time: 1 hr | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 80g/2.5oz raw cashews, pre-soaked
- 1 large red capsicum (bell pepper), seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper
- Rigatoni pasta for two
- Pre-soak cashews in boiling water for at least 1 hour. The longer they soak the creamier they get.
- Cut the capsicum into a few large pieces and bake for a few minutes or air fry them until fragrant and starting to char. (I put mine in the air fryer for 10 mins at 160°C/320°F.)
- Remove capsicum, peel the skin off and add to a blender with the cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Add water. (I used about 1 cup of water.) You can add more for a thinner sauce or less for a thicker one. Blend until smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and add the sauce. Stir through and serve warm with cashew parmesan*.
*To make your own cashew parmesan, see this recipe.